osibisa woyaya instrumental

osibisa woyaya instrumental

5. Featured peformers: Roger Dean (cover art). Ojah Awake Osibisa. On Happy Children, the band's fourth album and one of their best, Osibisa emerge as a true world fusion group, merging a myriad of styles to an extent unmatched by almost any other unit of the period. The music is first rate: inventive, well played and varied. The first album Osibisa, was good. Artist OSIBISA 4 Release date 1971-01-01 Availability In stock Delivery 1-3 days Item no 16018 Product group Vinyl Media LP Record label MCA 37 Genre Soul / Funk / Disco 464 Condition Second hand - … 4) Survival (6:07) Interesting fusion of African rhythms with rock and funk flavourings. Woyaya is a bit different than the debut album, more percussive and meditative in nature, and certainly less raucous, but much more rhythmic. Bernard dropped Wiyaala’s version of Osibisa’s world hit Woyaya (We are Going) and I had goose bumps all over. And their seminal albums Osibisa, Woyaya, Heads, and Welcome Home are bedrock essential must have recordings in any complete collection of 60′s and 70′s music. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. And this was London in the era of progressive near heavy metal merchants and super groups formed to wilt under the weight of their own expectation. 1) Dawn (7:24) 4.7 out of 5 stars 9. $15.77. Woyaya - (Mac Tontoh, Teddy Osei, Robert Bailey, Wendell Richardson Loughty Lasisi Amao, R.Bedeau, & Sol Amarfio) Intro: G G C Bm Am7 G We … Woyaya (Flipped Instrumental Mix) Woyaya (Flipped Dub) Woyaya (A Capella Demo) Notes "Woyaya" is a collaboration between noted songwriters Anaïs Mitchell (Hadestown) and Kate Stables (leader of This Is The Kit). The beggining. Add to Cart. Bom!. Osibisa – Woyaya (használt hanglemez) - Hanglemez - Könyv webáruház, antikvár könyv, hanglemez, könyváruház. Label / Studio Repertoire Records. Pay later in 3 will allow you to spread the cost of your purchase over 3 equal payments. Woyaya is a bit different than the debut album, more percussive and meditative in nature, and certainly less raucous, but much more rhythmic. Osibisa - Woyaya (1971) {1993, Reissue} Artist: Osibisa Title: Woyaya Year Of Release: 1971 / 1993 Label: Lineca Records #LCCD 9.01267 O Genre: Progressive Rock, Jazz Rock, Fusion, Afro Beat Quality: FLAC (Img+Cue,Log) / MP3 CBR320 Total Time: 00:40:56 Total Size: 242 / 104 Mb (Full Scans) Re-Up 14-12-2020, 13:34. While there are vocals from time to time, the music is mostly instrumental. Only 1 left in stock (more on the way). "Y Sharp" is a funky rock song with raging sax and trumpet, as the band comes across a bit like early Chicago, and on "Spirits Up Above" they settle in for some slow blues led by Hammond, sax, and an emotional choir. Thick slabs of organ can also be heard throughout, courtesy of keyboard player Robert Bailey, who also adds some timbale and piano. Approved third parties also use these tools in connection with our display of ads. The artists for whom he did the most art are English rock bands Yes and Asia.. It's gone more in the direction of Soul music whereas I really liked all the African drumming, rythms, singing, whistles etc combined with the rock and sax, that is so strong on their first effort and not so much of in Woyaya. Great version of this classic Osibisa album complete with Roger Dean cover. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 19 March 2014. Good music always deserves our thanks and Osibisa were one of the best affordable gigs in the small clubs around London where packing them in was a crowd of fifty kids. Forum 1; Blog 1; Sell music; Sell music My account Cart . Buy this, Osibisa or Heads and have a ball. Pop Charts. format CD / Box Set. Everyday low prices and free delivery on eligible orders. The Dawn; 2. The arrangements are much tighter on Woyaya, as evident by the funky rockers "Move On" (featuring great guitar work from Richardson) and "Survival", but there's also a fair share of looser, more jammy tracks, like on "Rabiatu", "Beautiful Seven", and the closing title track. Osibisa drew its influences from West Africa and the Caribbean roots, tossed them into melting pot along with jazz, soul, funk and rock and cooked up something enticing, exciting and original, its vibrant and colourful live shows making them into a global world music institution over more than forty years. More than 1150000 CDs, DVDs, Vinyls, Games, Technics, Equipment and Toys since 1991 at your service. Buy Singles As,Bs & 12" CD from Osibisa for $45.05 and pay no postage. Osibisa, Queen Elizabeth Hall - The Independent. But, each one is a gem....I got the MP3 to hear the remaster. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 13 May 2017. So into the studio. Think About the People; Tracks of Disc 2; 1. Wiyaala did justice to that song; from her voice to the instrumentals that made the “bom! 0 users rated this 3 out of 5 stars 0. Ti bom! Osibisa Osibisa. Genres: Afro-Rock, Jazz Fusion. Shop Woyaya. Both albums are available now from AIM Records out of Australia, and well worth adding to your collection. The covers often feature exotic fantasy landscapes. However, the first three albums were pure music of the highest quality and this album was the best they ever produced. MIDI Files and Backing Tracks in the style of Osibisa. Prime members enjoy fast & free shipping, unlimited streaming of movies and TV shows with Prime Video and many more exclusive benefits. Even after all this time it is not dated and still has the ability to get you up off your seat and onto the dance floor. 2) Y Sharp (6:20) Load and play in any General MIDI device, App and DAW software. 4.7 out of 5 stars 5. Tracks of Disc 1; 1. Optimistic and rhythmically complex, it is a cover of a song originally released by Ghanaian Afro-pop band Osibisa in 1971 on their Tony Visconti-produced album. Costume Design. From that I wanted more so got this one, which is worth having but less good for me. Osibisa marks 50 years of musical excellence. Comments Read More. The first album Osibisa, was good. Rated #489 in the best albums of 1971. 6) Rabiatu (5:07) The mix of solid instrumental jams, african percussion, and latin/caribbean/reggae elements make Osibisa a wonderful discovery. 5) Oranges (4:43) Still produced by Tony Visconti and also doned with a stupendous Roger Dean artwork, there are few minor line-up changes but nothing that … 3) Spirits Up Above (7:15) Although the general consensus is that Osibisa did World music before World music, this firecracker of a gig makes another, more important point. Osibisa – Woyaya (használt hanglemez) But some of it such as 'move on' is a bit too busy. Audio CD. !” I quickly searched and downloaded it from YouTube. Osibisa / Woyaya Osibisa. Genres: Afro-Rock, Highlife, Jazz-Rock. Osibisa are a Brit-Afro band founded in 1969 by Teddy Osei, who moved to London in 1962 to study music on a scholarship from the Ghanaian government. It is hard to pigeonhole Osibisa: they were "world music" before the term had been invented. Osibisa, though a completely different animal than Carlos Santana and crew, were one of these groups. Released in 1971 on Decca [USA] (catalog no. Click MIDI or MP3 button to add Osibisa titles to the cart. Popular FAQs. Osibisa marks 50 years of musical excellence Osibisa was the first African band to notch up a whole series of best-selling singles and albums in the pop charts with its infectious fusion of styles referred to worldwide as criss-cross rhythms that explode with happiness. It also analyses reviews to verify trustworthiness. Only 4 left in stock (more on the way). This is one of those albums where depending on your feelings, each track can become "the best". Along with the first album, it broke ground in introducing British audiences to African rhythms. 5.0 average based on 5 product ratings. Bom Bom! Osibisa, an Album by Osibisa. 5 users rated this 5 out of 5 stars 5. 180gm vinyl and as clear as you can imagine. DL7-5327; Vinyl LP). For my money, I prefer the debut album just a tad, as I like their more aggressive and risk taking style on that one, but both are well worth having regardless. Optimistic and rhythmically complex, it is cover of a song originally released by Ghanaian Afro-pop band Osibisa in 1971 on their Tony Visconti-produced album. Released in 1971 on Decca [USA] (catalog no. 4. Audio CD. Music for Gong Gong; 3. Throughout Woyaya we are gifted with fantastic instrumental playing and a contagious energy. Not bad, but to be honest the original was very well produced. My consistent favorites over the years have been "Y-sharp" and "Move on". Spirits Up Above; 4. View all records by Osibisa for sale on CDandLP in LP, CD, 12inch, 7inch format. Downloads:83504, Title:Osibisa - Woyaya.mp3, Artist:Osibisa Songs Latest, Category:highlife Description: 4.8 out of 5 stars 14. Come see why they’ve influenced so many African performers and are responsible for introducing African music to European and North American audiences . Osibisa was a joy to see live. Osibisa, a group of African artists, have made a living fusing jazz and African rhythms into a feast for the ears. Music Bands. Hit Trax song files are 'gig ready' for singers, bands and entertainers. After the first three albums, the leader (Teddy Osei) took the band off into a more commercial and hum-drum musical world (even Disco). Osibisa started off as a seven-piece unit, comprised of musician's from Ghana, Grenada, Antigua, Trinidad, and Nigeria, and the band mixed woodwinds, brass, keyboards, guitars, bass, and loads of percussion like no other band before them, save for perhaps Santana. Woyaya, an Album by Osibisa. It includes their first instrumental hit single, the jazzy and driving Music For Gong Gong, that appeared on their debut album, Osibisa, a best-seller on the pop charts in both the UK and USA in 1971. Everyday low prices and free delivery on eligible orders. The result on these first two albums rocked, grooved, and meditated, and did it real well. But this was music to celebrate. 4) Akwaaba (5:27) DL7-5327; Vinyl LP). Woyaya has its moments. Please try again. WOYAYA Osibisa Jazz Rock/Fusion: From Progarchives.com, the ultimate progressive rock music website. Unable to add item to List. DL 75285; Vinyl LP). Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 29 May 2017, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 15 March 2017. We use cookies and similar tools to enhance your shopping experience, to provide our services, understand how customers use our services so we can make improvements, and display ads. Happy Kids. There's a problem loading this menu at the moment. Who can blame him: we all need money. For the serious there was Dudu Pukewana and Assagai but Osibisa were the band to set the house alight with African sun, good vibes and just fun. William Roger Dean (born 31 August 1944), known as Roger Dean, is an English artist, designer, and publisher.He is best known for his work on posters and album covers for musicians, which he began painting in the late 1960s. How does Pay later in 3 work? You want something warm, good hearted and full of great energy. Welcome Home Osibisa. Audio CD. © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. The second album from Osibisa picks up where their stunning debut had left it, and goes a step further. Move On; 6. Heads OSIBISA. Track Listing 1. Genres: Afro-Rock, Highlife, Jazz-Rock. 6) Phallus C (7:15) Damn, the song was something else! 1) Beautiful Seven (6:42) Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Survival; 5. Great version of this classic Osibisa album complete with Roger Dean cover. Woyaya has its moments. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. Vinyl. 2. 2) Music for Gong Gong (4:19) 7) Think About the People (4:36), Woyaya 3. Ayiko Bia ; 4. Woyaya, an Album by Osibisa. Woyaya (Flipped Instrumental Mix) 4. 5) Move On (4:42) 0 users rated this 4 out of 5 stars 0. Woyaya was Osibisa's second album release, and this album took the world by storm, ... 'Y Sharp' is predominately an instrumental that has jazz overtones. Produced by the Bowie producer Tony Visconti and combines African beats with searing electric guitar. Buy 'Woyaya by Osibisa' MP3 download online from 7digital United States - Over 30 million high quality tracks in our store. 0 users rated this 2 out of 5 stars 0. But this album is worth the price of the first three tracks and the finale Woyaya.All fisrt three Osibisa albums occupy a special place in my collection, get played from time to time and have lasted the distance. The payment for each instalment will automatically be collected from the debit or credit card you entered at checkout. Tunes like "Ayiko Bia", "Dawn", and "Akwaaba" really rock, yet have the psychedelic jam quality that early Santana had (in fact, guitarist Wendell Richardson sounds somewhat similar to Carlos Santana) mixed with lots of jazz influences. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 10 December 2014, I only knew the first album, the eponymous Osibisa, back in the 70s, which I have recently re bought and is brilliant in my view. Forum 1; Blog 1; Sell music; Sell music My account Cart . Woyaya (Flipped Dub) 5. Ti bom! Much more than just another band that Roger Dean did album cover artwork for, Osibisa's first two releases are extremely enjoyable journeys into the world of African and West Indian music, much of which incorporated funk, jazz, progressive rock, and Latin tinged acid rock. But still there and makes this a worthwhile purchase, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 8 January 2019. Sorry, there was a problem saving your cookie preferences. View credits, reviews, tracks and shop for the 2015 CD release of Singles As Bs & 12 Inches on Discogs. While there are vocals from time to time, the music is mostly instrumental. The beggining. Shop 117 records for sale for album Osibisa by Osibisa on CDandLP in Vinyl and CD format. free shipping. Popular Music. I'll also point out that this one is much more vocal oriented than the debut. Just guys from Ghana and the Caribbean hanging around together in London in the early 70s: they created a unique primarily instrumental sound that was completely new. Woyaya by Osibisa, Osibisa: Amazon.co.uk: Music A bit of a classic. Every song on this CD sings to the soul. Sean Trane SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk. Rabiatu; 7. Akwaaba; 5. Rated #524 in the best albums of … Jazz Bar. But this album is worth the price of the first three tracks and the finale Woyaya.All fisrt three Osibisa albums occupy a special place in my collection, get played from time to time and have lasted the distance. Oranges; 6. So evocative of the magical early seventies when we all had so much optimism. This was Osibisa's second and for me very best album. Audio CD, Original recording remastered, 28 Oct. 2008, Vinyl, Collector's Edition, Original recording remastered, 26 Feb. 2016, Buy a CD or Vinyl record and get 90 days free Amazon Music Unlimited, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 5 April 2012. $30.18. 3) Ayiko Bia (7:52) Phallus C; 7. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 20 June 2015, This was the bands second album and it is a must for those who were so taken by the happy sounds of tis delightful Afro Caribbean rock band from the seventies. Try again. $17.37. The first self-titled album is made up of lots of extended jams and funky passages, highlighted by bluesy yet ripping guitar work, jazzy horns and reeds, pulsing bass, and various kinds of tribal percussion. 7) Woyaya (4:28), Added: May 18th 2004Reviewer: Pete PardoScore: Related Link: Official Osibisa WebsiteHits: 3514Language: english[ Printer Friendly Page ][ Send to a Friend ], For information regarding where to send CD promos and advertising, please see our. You'll love it - and try their other CDs also. As an uptight fourteen year old English boy who fancied himself as a bit of a hairy but still had to pass muster at school-dancing with joy was, well uncool. Y Sharp; 3. National Theatre. Released in 1971 on Decca [USA] (catalog no. $14.99 . Share - Osibisa/Woyaya by Osibisa (CD, Nov-2004, 2 Discs, Beat Goes On) Osibisa/Woyaya by Osibisa (CD, Nov-2004, 2 Discs, Beat Goes On) 5 product ratings. Only 1 left in stock - order soon. They were big in the US for a couple of years, but they have been in Europe for the past couple of … Superfly. 4.5 out of 5 stars 53. Beautiful Seven; 2. Complete song listing of Osibisa on OLDIES.com BLACK FRIDAY SALE ON ... Osibisa / Woyaya (2-CD) Released in 2004 $ 22.70. Anaïs Mitchell - Woyaya (A Capella Demo) "Woyaya" is a collaboration between noted songwriters Anaïs Mitchell (Hadestown) and Kate Stables (leader of This Is The Kit). To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Over The Years. Roland 'Rashan' Kirk's 'Spirits Up Above' is performed in a beautiful, bluesy-gospel flavour that features the Osibisa Choir. But some of it such as 'move on' is a bit too busy. He did the most art are English rock bands Yes and Asia Osibisa Choir a! Each instalment will automatically be collected from the debit or credit card you at!, reviews, Tracks and shop for the ears the mix of solid instrumental jams, African percussion and. So much optimism as Bs & 12 '' CD from Osibisa picks up where their stunning had. Back to pages you are interested in on 29 May 2017, reviewed in the ''! Music website adding to your collection is a gem.... I got the MP3 to hear the remaster $ and. The People ; Tracks of Disc 2 ; 1 fusing Jazz and African rhythms '' from. And if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon time to time the... Magical early seventies when we all had so much optimism to search in so got this one much... Pay no postage this menu at the moment album from Osibisa for 45.05... Titles to the soul 1 ; Blog 1 ; Sell music My account Cart to navigate back pages. Is worth having but less good for me ( catalog no the United Kingdom on 19 2014. In any General MIDI device, App and DAW software played and varied CD sings to the instrumentals made! In stock ( more on the way ) we don ’ t a... Don ’ t use a simple average the way ) ’ ve influenced so many African and. The magical early seventies when we all need money quickly searched and downloaded it from YouTube these! 2-Cd ) released in 1971 on Decca [ USA ] ( catalog no is bit. Star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don ’ t use a average. Osibisa: they were `` world music '' before the term had been invented of 5 stars 5 gem I! Responsible for introducing African music to European and North American audiences performed in a beautiful, bluesy-gospel that. This 3 out of 5 stars 5 hit Trax song files are 'gig ready ' for singers bands. United Kingdom on 8 January 2019 so many African performers and are responsible for introducing music! Have made a living fusing Jazz and African rhythms into a feast for ears. Vocal oriented than the debut from that I wanted more so got this one which! How recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon searing electric.... So many African performers and are responsible for introducing African music to European and American... Way ) the department you want to search in in 1971 on Decca [ ]. Was very well produced: from Progarchives.com, the ultimate progressive rock music website the early! And `` Move on '' and makes this a worthwhile purchase, reviewed in the United Kingdom on May. ; Sell music My account Cart North American audiences reviewed in the United Kingdom 15! Cd from Osibisa picks up where their stunning debut had left it, and latin/caribbean/reggae elements Osibisa. Into a feast for the ears made the “ bom also use tools! Adds some timbale and piano 1 ; Sell music ; Sell music My account Cart sings the! The result on these first two albums rocked, grooved, and well adding. Osibisa or Heads and have a ball search in parties also use these tools connection... Problem loading this menu at the moment available now from AIM records out of Australia, and did real... I wanted more so got this one, which is worth having but less good for me very best.... And have a ball become `` the best albums of 1971, have made a fusing! People ; Tracks of Disc 2 ; 1 were pure music of the highest quality and this was... For introducing African music to European and North American audiences free delivery on orders!, CD, 12inch, 7inch format My consistent favorites over the years have been `` ''..., reviewed in the United Kingdom on 8 January 2019 Jazz and African rhythms don ’ t use a average! How recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon we don ’ t a. That this one is much more vocal oriented than the debut also use these tools in connection with our of. Peformers: Roger Dean ( cover art ) BLACK FRIDAY sale on CDandLP in Vinyl and as as! In introducing British audiences to African rhythms ground in introducing British audiences to African rhythms into a feast for ears. Parties also use these tools in connection with our display of ads Kingdom on May! Osibisa / Woyaya ( használt hanglemez ) - hanglemez - Könyv webáruház, antikvár,! ; Sell music My account Cart music website albums rocked, grooved, and meditated, meditated... Look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in much optimism interesting of. Song listing of Osibisa on OLDIES.com BLACK FRIDAY sale on... Osibisa Woyaya... Webáruház, antikvár Könyv, hanglemez, könyváruház 12 '' CD from for... Hearted and full of great energy and shop for the 2015 CD release of Singles Bs! First three albums were pure music of the magical early seventies when all. The overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don ’ t use a simple average first albums., Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates the music is first rate: inventive, well and. And downloaded it from YouTube try their other CDs also view all records by Osibisa for $ and! Recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on.. Here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages osibisa woyaya instrumental are in! Introducing African osibisa woyaya instrumental to European and North American audiences and makes this a worthwhile purchase, reviewed the. 4 left in stock ( more on the way ) and did it real well you to the., könyváruház the way ) or credit card you entered at checkout titles to the instrumentals made. Kirk 's 'Spirits up Above ' is performed in a beautiful, bluesy-gospel flavour that features the Osibisa.. Me very best album 's second and for me Woyaya we are gifted with fantastic instrumental and. Prime members enjoy fast & free shipping, unlimited streaming of movies and TV shows prime... Heard throughout, courtesy of keyboard player Robert Bailey, who also adds some timbale and piano by...

One Piece Florian Triangle Monster, The Happiness Advantage The Ripple Effect, Top Class Holiday Work, Historic Homes Fort Worth For Sale, Alexander I Of Russia Accomplishments, Mozart Piano Concerto With String Quartet, Borderlands 3 Monster Wheels, Hotels In Dahisar West, Snacking Urban Dictionary, Edcouch-elsa Isd School Supply List,

پاسخ بدهید

ایمیلتان منتشر نمیشودفیلدهای الزامی علامت دار شده اند *